Saturday, September 29, 2012

Let me try to explain this teacher thing

I've stopped worrying about being perceived as selfish because I prefer being, in all ways, alone. 

Let me try to explain this.
I'm constantly shocked when parents tell me their kids think I really care.

Let me try to explain this. 
Society expects my job as an educator  to be first and foremost about my students. However, any teacher worthy of the name knows from experience that, as in all things, you teach by teaching to yourself. 

Let me try to explain this. 
The most profound and moving moments of class time for me have been those that enhance my knowledge of what I was teaching.  

Let me try to explain this. 
Think of it as sharing, being available, as opposed to giving. 

Let me try to explain this. 
Loving something so much you want someone else to know why you do but, ultimately not caring at all what they think.

Let me try to explain this. 
Letting others in on.... This, by the way, is why and how and for what reason I paint. Oh sorry, teach.

No comments: