Saturday, November 28, 2009

Hope.Change.

The dream of a better way embodied in a political figure.

Through the lifetime of my political awareness, if you will, I have seen a succession of candidates who have given me a sense of purpose and empowerment.
Looking at them.
Imagining them.
I have felt more alive.
Proud.
Ashamed of dreaming little dreams.
For that brief moment of Obama's victory I felt it.
lightly.
The after-image of something more substantial. Brighter.
Now. Nothing.
Or nearly nothing.
Are the causes "fear-less"?
Flat?
People are still dying because no one cares.
People are still killing for reasons so imbeded in their make-up and reasoning as to not notice.
The elderly are regarded as expendable.
America is becoming a place of smooth retirement.
We're in a coma.
Sedated

No comments: