Saturday, July 4, 2009

Finally

Looking and imagining. Staring.
Smoking a ridiculous amount of cigars lately to fill the frustrating, anxious boredom between preparing the surface (over two weeks ago! Thank god for sketchbooks) and the choice of subject and the drawing.
Today it finally began!
The drawing.
My fourth of July celebration-like most of my holidays (with the exception of Christmas and occasionally Thanksgiving) are, for some god forsaking reason very
productive.
Granted I realize just how pathetic my family and social life must seem to you when being alone in the studio puffing away could possibly be a proper and emotionally healthy way to observe the holidays.
Seems right and proper to me. Do you actually think I'd go to a barbecue or some such instead?!
I have "religiously" gone to the studio each day( since teaching ended) in hopes of starting. Leaving after an average eight hours of
Reading.
Looking.
Reading.
Looking.
Nap.
Drawing.
Looking again.
Reading again.
Finally, the drawing.
The whole time (except for the napping) smoking an endless stream of intense, cheap Italian cigars made in Scranton Pennsylvania and adoringly hating every moment.
Back at it tomorrow. Until I get that digital camera I will describe to you as best I can what and how I'm working.
A hint
A pair of female legs.
Pose derived from a late Medieval painting.
Just the legs.
Six feet tall.

No comments: