Thursday, June 18, 2009

Got home early today
took the opportunity to hug this beautiful rain and
rain and wind.
I live a few blocks from the shore and
those who know me are aware
I'm always dressed for foul weather.
Don't go to the beach in summer
people
must share

Winter,
bad weather
it's mine

Walked to the beach
an alley between a beach club and a new Versailles
private, overgrown
emerged into a sheet
of rain and spray
carried
by a wind that I thought

by then
had already soaked me-
Walked tentatively down to the waters edge
slippery
out of shape
to the jetty
the farthest point out
pretended,
played,
dreamed I
fell
into the wild notion of being
in and on the waves-
wetting my boots-
drenched
No horizon
no
no
fixed resting point

sense of where.
just down in
deep
blinded
fear
delicious

To turn around would kill it
the thrill
The smell of salty water
decay
that depth of imagine.

Go home
slowly
somehow
tired
wet
really lonely
then remembered
Homer nailed it.

No comments: